Orange County, Texas (September 12, 2017)—The Orange County Economic Development Corporation has extended the deadline to apply for a portion of the County’s Hotel/Motel Tax funds until October 6, 2017. There are a number of restrictions by state law as to how the funds can be utilized. Funds must be used in a manner that encourages overnight visitors to Orange County, AND expenditures must fall within one of the following categories.
1. Convention Centers and Visitor Information Centers
2. Registration of Convention Delegates
3. Advertising, Solicitations and Promotions that Directly Promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry
4. Promotions of the Arts that Directly Promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry
5. Historical Restoration and Preservation Activities that Directly Promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry
6. Sporting Event Expenses that Substantially Increase Economic Activity at Hotels
7. Certain Portions of Sporting Facilities
8. Shuttle Services for Convention Activities
The application and guidelines are available on the Orange County Economic Development Corporation’s website at www.orangecountyedc.com/hotel-occupancy-funds/. Applications will be accepted through October 6, 2017 at 5:00pm. Applied funds must be for activities occurring October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com or delivered by mail or in person to 123 S. 6th Street, Orange, Texas 77630, Attention: Jessica Hill.