Registration for pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and students new to the Little Cypress-Mauriceville School District will take place on individual campuses August 7, 8 and 9, from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
A birth certificate, social security number, immunization record, and proof of residency will be required of students registering for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten. Students who have been enrolled in another district should present their latest report card, immunization record, and proof of residency at the time of registration. Parents should report to the campus in which the student will be enrolled.
A child is eligible for pre-kindergarten if the child is four years old, on or before September 1, 2018 and
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Is educationally disadvantaged;
- Is homeless, as defined by federal law;
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- The child’s parent or guardian is eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
If you have questions, please call the Curriculum Department at 409.883.2232.