In compliance with new State regulations, Little Cypress and Mauriceville Elementary Schools will begin providing full-day classes for qualifying pre-kindergarten (Pre-K) students. Students must still meet the same criteria that was required for half-day classes.
Students should register on July 30, 31 or August 1, at the campus which they will attend.
A child is eligible for pre-k, if the child is four years old on or before September 1, 2019 and:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Is educationally disadvantaged;
- Is homeless, as defined by federal law;
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- The child’s parent or guardian is eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
The following documents must be provided at registration.
- Student’s certified birth certificate;
- Student’s social security card – not just the SS number;
- Student’s immunization record;
- Parent’s or guardian’s proof of residency, such as a utility bill;
- Parent’s or guardian’s driver’s license or official identification (License must be current, and the address must match the proof of residency address).
Please call the campus where you will register, if you have questions prior to July 30. Mauriceville Elementary – 409.745.1615 and Little Cypress Elementary – 409.886.2838.