Railroad At Green Ave. To Close

green-rr

Those traveling in and out of the downtown Orange area using Green Ave. will have to find an alternate route Thursday and Friday. Southern Railroad is planning on doing some maintenance on the track June 1-2, weather permitting. –   ...

Read More

College Baseball Field of 64

ncaa

Nine teams from Texas have made the field of 64 teams for the NCAA Baseball Tournament.  TCU, Texas Tech, and Houston will be hosting Regionals.  Also making the field are Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Sam Houston, Texas Southern, and Rice.  Meantime the Miami Hurricanes missed the tournament for the first time since 1973!   NCAA ...

Read More

2017 22-4A All-District Baseball Team

alld3-kogt

  22-4A All-District Baseball Team INDIVIDUAL AWARDS   NAME SCHOOL CLASS District MVP Jack Dallas WOS SR Offensive MVP Chase Partain SILSBEE SR Defensive MVP Schuyler Thibodaux BC JR Pitcher of the Year Trevis Sundgren SILSBEE SR Newcomer of the Year Kent Michael OF FR Kyle Saurage HF FR FIRST TEAM Pitchers   Chad Dallas ...

Read More

BC Falls To Cougars In Game 3

jromero-cs

After losing Game One on Thursday, the Bridge City Cardinals had their backs against the wall Saturday against China Spring in the 4A Reg. 3 Semifinal. BC gutted out a 10-8 win in Game Two to force a Game Three Saturday night. BC took a 9-8 lead into the bottom of the seventh.  The Cougars ...

Read More

John Repasky

obit-repasky-john-1

John Repasky, 100, of Bridge City, passed away on May 26, 2017.   Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Thursday, June 1, 2017, at Claybar Funeral Home in Bridge City. Officiating will be Deacon Hazen Kenney. A graveside service with military honors will be Friday at 1:30 p.m. at Sardis Cemetery in Converse, Louisiana.   ...

Read More

Forecasters Say Above Normal Hurricane Season

final%200523%20hurricane%20graphic_pie%20chart-700x400

Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center say the Atlantic could see another above-normal hurricane season this year. For the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30, forecasters predict a 45 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 35 percent chance of a near-normal season, and only a 20 percent chance ...

Read More

Steven F. Austin Alford

obit-alford

Steven F. Austin Alford, age 29 of Orange, Texas passed away at his home on Thursday, May 25, 2017. A memorial service will be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 28, 2017 at Dorman Funeral Home chapel with Brother Burt Stigen officiating. Steven was born in Portsmouth, Virginia on April 22, 1988 to Donna ...

Read More

Man Found In Garage, Arrested

Arrested

Police arrested a homeless man intoxicated on pills Thursday night inside a garage of a house in the Cypress Bayou neighborhood subdivision off Hwy 87. Residents of the house were in the garage when the man walked inside. The woman living in the house posted on Facebook that the man claimed he had been left ...

Read More

18 Wheeler Stolen From TIC

peterbilt

A trucker who stopped early Thursday morning to use the restroom at the Texas Travel Information Center had his rig with 14 tons of steel cores stolen. The Peterbilt truck was later found in Beaumont and a man was arrested. The flatbed trailer with the steel was found separately about an hour later. Orange police ...

Read More

OC Marriage Licenses May 22-26

weddingbellsc1406_l_300_c_r

Marriage License : Issued By The Office of Brandy Robertson, Orange County Clerk For the week of May 22,  2017 thru May 26, 2017   Dennis D. Fox and Angie L. Kibodeaux Rocky C. Tillman and Jessica L. Howell Arthur L. Hammonds, Jr. and Gina G. Allen Randall J. Champagne and Paula R. Welton Brian ...

Read More